Texas Swimming Center Mission
To provide The University of Texas at Austin a premiere competitive, recreational, and educational aquatic facility.
The Texas Swimming Center is open during general business hours and into the evening. The public is welcome to visit and watch a class or a practice from our grandstands. Deck access is restricted. Basement access is prohibited.
Select a thumbnail image below to see the full-size photo.
- 1.5 million gallons of water circulate 24 hours a day
- 50 meter pool: 880,000 gallons of water
- Diving well: 660,000 gallons of water
- Considered one of the fastest pools in the world due to its depth, gutter system, high filtration rate, and lane width
- 50 meter pool: 9 feet deep
- Movable, power-operated bulkheads
- Diving well: 18 feet deep
- 1, 3, 5, 7.5, and 10-meter diving towers
- Six 3 meter spring boards
- Four 1 meter spring boards
- Underwater lighting and viewing windows (not open to the public)